Tuesday, May 18, 2010
May 2010
I made Revue Choir!!!! It's like an honors choir for the High school. Miranda did also and I'm SO excited! Also, the Youth went to Palmyra, New York for a Temple Trip. It was amazing! We were assigned cars for the 4 hour ride there and we had a special Book of Mormon activity planned where we read specific scriptures, discussed them, and then wrote our thoughts in our journal that was given to us. We did that for the entire trip there; from 6 am to 10 am (about). When we arrived to the temple, we did baptisms for the dead and confirmations. The Spirit was really strong there and I could feel the safety that was in that room and I realized that it is impossible not to feel happy in the temple. While we were waiting for everyone else to finish changing. Alexis, Millie, and I walked around the Temple while it was drizzling. We got to the one side and there was a clearing in the trees where you could see right down to the sacred grove. It was beautiful and very peaceful. Once everyone was ready, we drove down to the visitors center where we ate lunch and went to the room where the statue of Christ is and after listening to the words that were spoken, the Young Men's president bore his very strong testimony. He's really amazing, I love him. We talked about the Book of Mormon activity and what we thought of it and the types of discussions that we had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment