Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reflections 2010

This year, my testimony has been greatly strengthened. But more specifically, my testimony of prayer has been strengthened. It actually began a year ago, but more so this summer. First was the sacred grove. It is one of the most peaceful places in the world. Sister Goshe told us that if we wanted, we could stop to pray, then catch up to them at the end of the trail, and right before, the missionaries had encouraged us to do so also. So I stopped and did so and just felt a confirmation that Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ in the grove. Also, the last night of the Kirtland play, Pres. Haymond stood up and told us that Joseph Smith was grateful for what we were doing and that he knew us like His own Kirtland Saints and loved us. And I've always wanted to know Joseph Smith and meet him, so that just strengthened my testimony on him and on the restoration of this church. Second was trek and preparing for it. Our sewing machine isn't very strong so it got jammed all the time. I became so frustrated and said I wasn't going to finish making my dress. I left, then an hour later I saw Miranda working on her dress. I was shocked. I had tried unjamming that thing so many times without luck but Miranda got it. I asked her how and all she said was that I forgot to pray. I didn't think that He cared about a sewing machine but I now know that it doesn't matter how small it is, He just wants to help us no matter what it is. Throughout those next few weeks, I prayed over that machine many times and each time He helped. During Trek, I also say the power of the priesthood through prayer, and also how prayer gives us comfort as well. During the women's pull they said that they felt angels beside them helping them and it made me think of my patriarchal blessing I received in June, it said that angels will surround you and that your Heavenly Father and Savior will stand at your side at times to assist you. It has helped me through trials I have faced and pushed me through. The third and last is EFY. My counselor was amazing! She taught me so much that week! One thing she said was that we need to pray with a question in our hearts before we begin to read our scriptures. Then we need to show our gratitude to Him. I know that prayer is real and that God hears and answers each one because He loves us and wants to do all He can for us.

No comments: