So a lot has happened and I'm not sure where to start. I guess I'll just go for it.
I love my dad so much, and he is truly a great person, kind, funny, smart in his work and in the church, etc.. except he's not perfect. He makes mistakes and chooses to keep making them until he is caught. This has been going off and on since he was in High School and my parents have almost gotten a divorce four or five times because of his actions. Because of this, I have not really trusted my dad for many years, which I guess is probably not very forgiving of me. Well, when I found out that my parents were really getting a divorce this time, it didn't come as a big surprise, more of just a hollow, empty feeling. However bad this situation may be though, I can see God's hand in the timing of it. He prepared us spiritually to handle it, as well as helped us prepare for change, since we already were planning on moving to California. My dad will still move to California for his job, but the rest of us will move closer to my mom's side of the family out in Utah. This will be a great blessing, first because of Mom's supporting family, second its close to BYU so if we don't have enough money I can live at home while taking classes. We will also be in a high population of Mormons so Danielle and Ira will be able to go to school where they can make good friends who share their same standards. We'll also be in a place where we can go to the temple on a regular basis. That will be such a wonderful blessing! I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I have faith that although this will be a tough new year, we will grow from it and make it through. It will be a great new start.
Speaking of BYU, I finished my application to both BYU Idaho and BYU Provo. Idaho accepted me in the first week of January and I should hear from BYU Provo at the end of February. I'm soo excited!!! If all goes the way I've planned, Jordan and I will be roommates at BYU starting over the summer and hopefully I'll find a great job that gives me good hours and pays more than minimum wage! :) I can't wait!!! From all that Miranda and Adam have told me about how awesome BYU is, I know that I will love it and if I don't get in, I think I'd die. School right now though is kinda stressful, and that's from today being my first day :( I signed up for all online classes through lakeland, and I think I'm going to do bad cuz I need a teacher to teach me in a classroom setting, and not learn basically on my own by reading text books... I'm gonna need to pray really hard this semester. So totally different topic. Adam and Miranda and Dane and Afton all got their Mission Calls!!!
Adam: Tokyo, Japan
Miranda: Frankfurt, Germany
Dane: Barcelona, Spain
Afton: Arcadia, California, USA -Spanish speaking
They are all going to be such phenomenal missionaries and learn and grow so much! Sis Baron said that with all the amazing German food that the missionaries can't refuse or else it'd be rude, Miranda will come back looking like a Real German Woman lol!! Big and strong.... I don't think Miranda thought that that was funny, but I thought it was hilarious! Adam is going to come back still looking like a tall skinny chair, lol I don't think he'll ever be like a pillow, as much as he might try :)
Adam is so amazing! He has such a strong testimony, a love for Christ, a love for life, a love for me, a commitment to the gospel, he is constantly trying to follow Christ and keep the spirit with him, he is going to Japan to teach that gospel to those who do not know the truth and shine the light of Christ. He is completely open and honest. I love him and want to marry him someday. It would be the best thing that ever happened to me! He makes me want to step up and do great things, to live life to its fullest, and to be a stronger example of Christ. This Christmas break with Adam being home has been the best way to end and begin the year.
So I have figured out my schedule for the rest of my life... :)
Say goodbye to Adam for 3 years
Say goodbye to Miranda for potentially 3 years
Graduate High School this coming May
Find a great job out in Utah
Attend Summer semester at BYU rooming with Jordan Jones. By the way, Jordan is so awesome in so many ways! She is loving, smart, inviting, funny, and she always has the spirit radiating from her. She is such a great example to me and is always smiling!
Mail a package containing red skinny jeans to Japan ;)
Attend Fall and Winter semesters at BYU!
Turn in my mission papers!!!
Study the gospel and work over the summer
Turn 19 on Sep 1, 2014
Go to England or Spain on my mission :) be companions with Jordan... although I don't think she wants to go to England, maybe Spain...
Return home just over a year after Adam comes home
Work over the summer
Attend Fall and Winter semesters of BYU in 2016
Marry Adam... :)
Attend Fall and Winter semesters '17
Graduate with a major in Therapeutic Recreation
...and a minor in Family Life... :)
lol :) maybe then have a Family
And Adam, I hope you're okay with me wanting about seven kids... the first one will be a boy and somewhere in those seven, I want twins :)
Be a great mother and wife
Send them off into their own lives
Go on a senior mission with Adam
Go to Heaven at the same time as Adam... somehow we'll work that out... Sis Lybbert wants to be one of those crazy old ladies who at age 80 drives herself and her husband off a cliff :) lol
And last, but best of all... Live for eternity with Adam and both become a god and goddess of our own world :)
How awesome is that! The plan of Happiness is truly an amazing and loving plan. I love this gospel so much and the Spirit that Christ has given me. It brings peace, comfort and guidance into my life. I can't wait for this year and all that it will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment