Sunday, August 26, 2012

Arise and Shine Forth

We need to choose now to change and arise and shine forth. If we don't do it now, when will we? When it's convenient? Well, its never convenient. Our time is 'chipping' away. At Youth Conference this summer, we were in Pittsburgh, PA with 8 other stakes. In one of classes we were able to take there, the teacher told us that we know that 1000 yrs on earth = 1 day in heaven. So, if we break it down, a 75 year life span on earth = 2.2 hours in heaven. Think about how short of a time that is. That's just enough time for us to take a final exam in school. And that's really what our time on earth is, a test to see if we will choose to follow Christ and to stand as a witness of Him at ALL times, in ALL things, and in ALL places. When we get back to heaven, we're going to realize how short of a time we actually were here on Earth based on eternity, and wish that we had made the most of each second. We might say, "Wait, I'm doing good, I'm not a bad person, why do I need to change?" However, the greatest enemy to great, is good. If we're already doing good, whats the need to be better?

3 Nephi 12:48
 "Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect."

Although we all sin and make mistakes, we can be perfected through Christ, after ALL we can do. If we don't change from good, to great, we're not doing ALL we can do. Sister Dalton told us that we must choose to give up the life we have planned, so the Lord can give us the life He has planned for us. This year, He has called us to Arise and Shine Forth, that our light may be a standard for the nations. We can't just blend in to the world any more. We can't give into peer pressure. Last year I was in my English class when my professor asked stood up and asked the class who really believed that the world was created in 7 days. I sat there, too shy to say anything. This year, I don't want to be afraid or ashamed to share what I know to be true with my friends or even those I don't know well. I know that I need to put all my trust in the Lord and not doubt Him, but have complete faith in Him, and his work.

Doctrine and Covenants 100:4-8
"Therefore, I , the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls. Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things. And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say."

No comments: