Thursday, July 19, 2012

When I Least Expected it....

May 19, 2012


We, our ward youth, were at a dance in Cleveland, OH. It was very boring, at least I was very bored. Anyways, I sat down in the back of the gym with Miranda basically the entire time. However, on the third to last slow song, (they were right in a row) Adam surprised me and asked me to dance. Adam. The same guy, who when I was 12, 13, and 14... I had a crush on, and who liked me back. The same guy, who turned 16 and realized I was too young, cuz I couldn't date yet anyways...  The same guy who kissed me when I wouldn't make the 'pteradactyl noise.' The same guy who says everything that he thinks.  The same guy who I kept telling myself to stop liking and just move on. The same guy who is the best guy I have ever met. But of course, I wasn't exactly thinking about all of that when he asked me to dance. And when we were dancing, and he said, "I still like you..."  all my dreams came true... when I least expected it. He asked if I reciprocated any of those feelings, and I said, "... a bit..." Obviously I was still in shock and trying to comprehend everything....

Since then we've pretty much just been at step three, good friends who really like each other...:) But it has been good... even if that's an awkward step.

Adam is going off to BYU at the end of August, and turns 19 on October 30... So hopefully by January he'll be heading off on his mission to someplace... when he gets back though I'll be 19 so probably not married by then:) But if nothing ends up coming of this, at least we were able to become really good friends, and be better because of it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mwahahahahahahahahaha